Espresso Cheesecake with Ladyfinger Crust
his cheesecake is rather reminiscent of tiramisu. The ladyfinger crust adds a unique flavor and the espresso filling is definitely a crowd pleaser. Serves 8.
– 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 3 large eggs
– 1/4 cup strong espresso, cooled
– 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled
– 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
For the Crust:
– 1 9-ounce package ladyfinger cookies
– 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled
– In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the cream cheese, and sugar. Beat on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
– Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
– Add the espresso, butter, and espresso powder. Beat until well combined, make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl well.
– Combine the cookies and butter in a food processor and pulse until crumbly and fully combined. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
– Pour the filling into the pan and bake for 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool on rack and then chill in the refrigerator overnight.